Update (1255ET): Shortly after the cancel mob came for Dr. Seuss, several recently banned books began selling for hundreds of dollars on Ebay. For example:
Will woke Ebay allow the auctions to complete?
Meanwhile, one Amazon seller is offering “If I Ran the Zoo” for nearly $1,000:
* * *
Six short years ago, former First Lady Michelle Obama read a Dr. Seuss book to a group of school children.
Now, Dr. Seuss is racist, and has become the latest victim of woke-mob cancel culture.
Six Seuss books – including “And to Think That I Saw It on Mulberry Street” and “If I Ran the Zoo” will no longer be published due to ‘racist and insensitive imagery,’ according to the organization which preserves and protects the author’s legacy.
“These books portray people in ways that are hurtful and wrong,” Dr. Seuss Enterprises told The Associated Pres in a Tuesday statement coinciding with the late author’s birthday (real name Theodor Seuss Geisel). “Ceasing sales of these books is only part of our commitment and our broader plan to ensure Dr. Seuss Enterprises’ catalog represents and supports all communities and families,” the statement continued.
The other books affected are “McElligot’s Pool,” “On Beyond Zebra!,” “Scrambled Eggs Super!,” and “The Cat’s Quizzer.”
What’s more, President Biden removed all mentions of Seuss from Read Across America Day – held on Dr. Seuss’ March 2 birthday.
The backlash against Seuss started in earnest after former First Lady Melania Trump gifted Dr. Seuss books to a Cambridge, Mass. elementary school.
Meanwhile, many have noted that Seuss actually wrote several anti-racism books which teach children to accept people who aren’t like them, and that it’s ok to be different.
Make it stop…
The Seuss malarkey warranted an article from the Babylon Bee – which ‘analyzes’ 17 examples of racism in Seuss’ books (satire).
* * *
Racism is everywhere.
But nowhere is racism more blatant than in the books of well-known racist Dr. Seuss. His pages were literally dripping with racism, or maybe that was just the barbecue sauce for our chicken nuggies. Even so, barbecue sauce might be racist too, now that we think of it.
Take this Dr. Seuss page out of Oh, the Thinks You Can Think!. It looks harmless, yeah? Well, you’re just showing your internalized racism, because there are literally 17 different examples of racism packed into this illustration. Come on a journey with us as we explore them all.
1. The giant orange beast is obviously a reference to Donald Trump. This glorifies white supremacy and Nazism, as Seuss was alluding to his allegiance to the bad orange man.
2. The pink boot squashing the poor little dude glorifies fascism. A little too obvious there, Fuhrer Seuss.
3. The text implies it’s OK to go to the Right. Like, COME ON! In a children’s book?
4. Zoom in on the tuba. Keep zooming. Keeeeep zooming: IT’S A TINY HITLER, OH MY GOODNESS! Hard to believe Seuss snuck this one past the editors.
5. The smoke coming from the machine glorifies the racist, classist hierarchies of capitalism that harm the environment and disproportionally people of color. And he made the smoke multiple colors — just one more slap in the face to POCs.
6. The page is rectangular, encouraging readers to think inside the box of capitalist propaganda and not become woke to the struggle of the classes. Straight lines and boundaries are signs of non-wokeness. Plus, the shape is eerily similar to the shape of a Nazi flag!
7. These four men have Hitler mustaches. Seuss was brainwashing kids to worship Hitler! How can we have these books at schools?
8. What color is the page? You guessed it! WHITE! Gee, what a coincidence!
Read the rest here…
The Liberty Beacon Project is now expanding at a near exponential rate, and for this we are grateful and excited! But we must also be practical. For 7 years we have not asked for any donations, and have built this project with our own funds as we grew. We are now experiencing ever increasing growing pains due to the large number of websites and projects we represent. So we have just installed donation buttons on our websites and ask that you consider this when you visit them. Nothing is too small. We thank you for all your support and your considerations … (TLB)
Comment Policy: As a privately owned web site, we reserve the right to remove comments that contain spam, advertising, vulgarity, threats of violence, racism, or personal/abusive attacks on other users. This also applies to trolling, the use of more than one alias, or just intentional mischief. Enforcement of this policy is at the discretion of this websites administrators. Repeat offenders may be blocked or permanently banned without prior warning.
Disclaimer: TLB websites contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available to our readers under the provisions of “fair use” in an effort to advance a better understanding of political, health, economic and social issues. The material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving it for research and educational purposes. If you wish to use copyrighted material for purposes other than “fair use” you must request permission from the copyright owner.
Disclaimer: The information and opinions shared are for informational purposes only including, but not limited to, text, graphics, images and other material are not intended as medical advice or instruction. Nothing mentioned is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.
Leave a Reply