Senator Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) is hinting about running for president in 2016.
He’s not going to officially announce anything until June 1, but he’s been making proclamations about what a great
tyrant leader he’d be.
Here’s what he told CBS This Morning earlier today:
“I’m running because I think the world is falling apart. I’ve been more right than wrong on foreign policy.
It’s not the fault of others or their lack of this or that that makes me want to run. It’s my ability in my own mind to be a good commander-in-chief and to make Washington work.
When it came to radical Islam, I would go after them before they come back here again.”
Reading that gave me the chills, and not in a good way.
Graham has already set up a PAC, and its name is rather telling: Security Through Strength. What else would a demented warmonger call their political action committee? As CBS noted, the name certainly reflects Graham’s “heavy focus on defense issues” (which is politically correct terminology for “neocon war hawk”). Graham wants to send at least 10,000 MORE American troops to Iraq and Syria.
Oh, not only that – over the weekend, Graham told a crowd of Iowa Republicans how he’d handle an American who was suspected of associating with terrorists:
“If I’m President of the United States and you’re thinkin’ about joining al-Qaeda or ISIL — anybody thinkin’ about that? — I’m not going to call a judge, I’m going to call a drone and we will kill you.”
But to anyone who is familiar with Graham’s insane ramblings, this isn’t really surprising. After all, this is the guy who said the following…
1) “If I get to be president, white men who are in male-only clubs are going to do great in my presidency.” (source)
2) “Free speech is a great idea, but we’re in a war.” (source)
3) “We need to raise taxes to get our nation out of debt.” (source)
4) “I’m a Verizon customer. I don’t mind Verizon turning over records to the government if the government is going to make sure that they try to match up a known terrorist phone with somebody in the United States. I don’t think you’re talking to the terrorists. I know you’re not. I know I’m not, so we don’t have anything to worry about.” (source)
5) “And when they say, ‘I want my lawyer,’ you tell them, ‘Shut up. You don’t get a lawyer.’” (Graham is a big supporter of the NDAA – which allows for the unconstitutional indefinite detention of Americans.)
6) “I don’t email. No, you can have every email I’ve ever sent. I’ve never sent one. I don’t know what that makes me.” (source)
7) “He should have been subject to being shot out of the sky.” (Said about unarmed 61-year-old protester who flew a gyrocopter to the Capitol)
8) “And here’s the first thing I would do if I were president of the United States. I wouldn’t let Congress leave town until we fix this. I would literally use the military to keep them in if I had to.” (Said about forcing Congress to pass a bill to restore defense funding)
9) “It won’t come to America on top of a missile, it’ll come in the belly of a ship in the Charleston or New York harbor.” (Said about nuclear conflict coming to the US)
What drives Graham to be such a war hawk? Is he just an alarmist coward, or is there more to it?
From 2009 – 2014, he has received $72,293 from Boeing lobbyists and PACs. Boeing is a leading military supplier that makes fighter-bombers, transport planes, and the Apache helicopter.